ISO 46001:2019 - WATER EFFICIENCY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
What is ISO 46001:2019 WEMS?
Water scarcity is one of the largest global risks and set to increase further over the next decade. The pressures on organizations to implement a sustainable water management plan are paramount to reduce water demand from the non-domestic sector and encourage water conservation.
To help organizations to achieve water efficiency, a new international standard for water resource management – ISO 46001:2019 is published. The standard specifies requirements and contains guidance for organizational water use. It includes monitoring, measurement, documentation, reporting, design, and procurement practices for equipment, systems, processes, and personnel training that contribute to water efficiency management.
Benefits of ISO 46001:2019 WEMS Certification
Who can be certified ISO 46001?
The document specifies requirements and contains guidance for its use in establishing, implementing, and maintaining a water efficiency management system. It is applicable to organizations of all types and sizes that use water. It is focused on end-use consumers.
Document required for ISO 46001 WEMS
The extent of Documented Information differs as per:
Role of Shamkris and Process of ISO 46001 - Certification
Shamkris adopts a results-oriented approach to effective system implementation in the organization. A simple and practical method of system implementation helps organizations increase business efficiency and sustainability. Shamkris supports 100% documentation to obtain a certificate of success in addition to enhanced performance.
The implementation process is described below:
Implementing Management System
Year on Year
To help organizations to achieve water efficiency, a new international standard for water resource management.
- Improved water efficiency – through implementing a process for regular review of possible improvements and adoption of opportunities to better manage water usage.
- Savings from operation cost reduction – by reducing water consumption through sustainable and efficient design, use of water conservation devices, and proper monitoring.
- A greater level of accountability – in water use with technology to monitor the water leakage.
- Achieve world-class standards – through our certification, which enables you to benchmark, measure, and report water efficiency improvements.
- Gain a competitive edge – by promoting water management best practices and reinforcing good water management behaviors.
- Improve transparency – with detailed analyses on water consumption patterns in your organization to clearly communicate water management efforts.
Learn more about the service here.