NABH ENTRY LEVEL PROGRAM
What is NABH Entry Level Program?
NABH is a constituent board of the Quality Council of India, set up to establish and operate accreditation programme for healthcare organizations. Formed in 2005, it is the principal accreditation for hospitals in India.
National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH) is a constituent board of the Quality Council of India (QCI), set up to establish and operate accreditation programme for healthcare organizations. The board while being supported by all stakeholders including industry, consumers, government, have full functional autonomy in its operation.
Benefits of NABH Entry Level Program
Who can be Accredited?
This Accreditation is available for Healthcare and Hospital facilities that provide allopathic services. It includes clinics, polyclinics, or dispensaries.
Entry Level Hospitals
Entry Level SHCO
Entry Level Ayush Centre
Entry Level Ayush Hospital
Medical Laboratory Program
Emergency Department in Hospital
Who can issue this Accreditation?
Quality Council of India
Document required for NABH Entry Level Program
The extent of Documented Information differs as per:
Role of Shamkris and Process of NABH Entry Level Program
Shamkris adopts a results-oriented approach to effective system implementation in the organization. A simple and practical method of system implementation helps organizations increase business efficiency and sustainability. Shamkris supports 100% documentation to obtain an accreditation body of success in addition to enhanced performance.
The implementation process is described below:
Application to Accreditation Body
Implementing Management System
Year on Year
National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH) is a constituent board of Quality Council of India (QCI), set up to establish and operate accreditation programme for healthcare organizations. The board while being supported by all stakeholders including industry, consumers, government, have full functional autonomy in its operation.
- Commitment to create a culture of quality, patient safety, efficiency and accountability towards patient care.
- Establishment of protocols and policies as per National/International Standards for patient care, medication management, consent process, patient safety, clinical outcomes, medical records, infection control and staffing.
- Patients are treated with respect, dignity and courtesy at all times.
- Patients are involved in care planning and decision making.
- Patients are treated by qualified and trained staff.
- Feedback from patients is sought and complaints (if any) are addressed.
- Transparency in billing and availability of tariff list.
- Continuous monitoring of its services for improvement.
- Commitment to prevent adverse events that may occur.
- Accreditation benefits all Stake Holders. Patients are the biggest beneficiaries. Accreditation results in high quality of care and patient safety. The patients get services by credential medical staff. Rights of patients are respected and protected. Patient satisfaction is regularly evaluated.
- Accreditation to a Hospital stimulates continuous improvement. It enables hospital in demonstrating commitment to quality care. It raises community confidence in the services provided by the hospital. It also provides opportunity to healthcare unit to benchmark with the best.
- The Staff in an accredited hospital are satisfied lot as it provides for continuous learning, good working environment, leadership and above all ownership of clinical processes. It improves overall professional development of Clinicians and Paramedical staff and provides leadership for quality improvement within medicine and nursing.
- Accreditation provides an objective system of empanelment by insurance and other Third Parties. Accreditation provides access to reliable and certified information on facilities, infrastructure and level of care.
- Currently, NABH is offering accreditation programs for Hospitals, Small Health Care Organizations/Nursing Homes, Blood Banks and Transfusion Services, Oral Substitution Therapy (OST) Centres and Primary and Secondary Health Centres. A couple of more programs such as Medical Imaging services, Dental Hospitals/Centres, AYUSH Hospitals are being developed.