ISO 19600:2014 - COMPLIANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
What is ISO 19600:2014 - CMS?
ISO 19600, Compliance Management Systems – Guidelines, is a compliance standard introduced by the International Organization for Standardisation in April 2014. As its title suggests, it operates as an advisory standard and is not used for accreditation or certification.
ISO 19600:2014 provides guidance for establishing, developing, implementing, evaluating, maintaining, and improving an effective and responsive compliance management system within an organization.
The key topic areas covered are:
- Understanding the scope and context of the compliance management system
- Examining the crucial role played by the organization’s leadership
- Understanding the origin of compliance obligations
- Using compliance as a risk mitigation tool
- How to establish compliance objectives
- The use of training to raise awareness and embed a strong culture of compliance
- How to develop effective communication and supporting documentation
- Achieving organizational ownership of the compliance management system through the creation of management-led controls
- How best to monitor the effectiveness of the compliance framework
- What actions are necessary to ensure continual improvement of the compliance program.
Benefits of ISO 19600:2014 - CMS Certification
Who can be certified ISO 19600:CMS?
The guidelines on Compliance Management Systems are applicable to all types of organizations. The extent of the application of these guidelines depends on the size, structure, nature, and complexity of the organization. ISO 19600:2014 is based on the principles of good governance, proportionality, transparency, and sustainability.
Document required for ISO 19600 CMS
The extent of Documented Information differs as per:
Role of Shamkris and Process of ISO 19600 - Certification
Shamkris adopts a results-oriented approach to effective system implementation in the organization. A simple and practical method of system implementation helps organizations increase business efficiency and sustainability. Shamkris supports 100% documentation to obtain a certificate of success in addition to enhanced performance.
The implementation process is described below:
Implementing Management System
Year on Year
ISO 19600 provides guidelines for establishing, developing, implementing, managing, and improving a compliance management system within an organization.
Being certified against ISO 19600 helps you ensure that your organization is adhering to legal regulations and contractual obligations. You may also be able to evaluate the organization’s practices by ensuring that they are in line with specific ethical standards within the limitations of the laws.